Pumpsim™ is sold and operated on a licensing system. There are several types of licenses available:
This is the most common Pumpsim™ license type. A Floating License operates in the following manner:
- Assigned to a company site and activated on a single computer
- May be transferred between computers at the same site
- Can only be run on one computer at a time
- Is managed at our central Pumpsim™ license server – requires internet access to activate/deactivate/transfer the license.
USB Hardware License
This license operates similarly to the Floating License, however it is accessed via a USB key instead of the internet. The same user/computer activation restrictions apply to this license as to the floating license.
Server licenses allow for the management of multiple licenses for a single site. This type of license is ideal for organisations that require multiple installations and users of Pumpsim™.
Licenses can be managed locally by the organisation or on our central Pumpsim™ server.
Internet Server License
- Multiple licenses for an organisational site are managed by our Pumpsim™ server. These are automatically activated and released in Pumpsim™ as required (when Pumpsim™ software is opened and closed).
- Requires continuous internet connection
- Automatic activation requires an available license
- Licenses can be loaned from the server to allow offline use or prevent others from activating/using the software.
Local Server License
- Similar to an Internet Server License, however the Site administers the license management software locally
- Does not require continuous internet connection